Producing results quickly and cost-effectively with an agile and outcome driven enterprise approach.
Information Technology / Information Management
Binary continues to be a leader in transformational initiatives, driving results quickly by focusing on outcomes that matter to mission success. Our Outcome Driven Enterprise Approach™ (ODEA™), an agile planning and delivery methodology, enables organizations to translate business vision and IT strategy into effective enterprise change by creating, communicating, correlating and improving requirements, decisions, and models that describe the enterprise’s future state and enable a practical road map towards its evolution.
What is FITARA’s Impact on Federal IT?
Hear Binary’s CEO and AFEI’s President discuss
FITARA will impact federal agencies and the new role for CIOs.
Federal IT and PM leaders are "stuck", and faced with many obstacles in moving IT initiatives and programs forward to success, including:
- Stakeholder misalignment (including key stakeholders in security, procurement, legal); priority conflicts
- Unplanned disruptions; difficulty keeping programs on track when disruptions happen
- Scope creep, leading to higher costs and major schedule delays
- Spending months to years creating “as-is” artifacts that generate no value for project
- Shifts in funding; Policy changes
- Not confident in or lack of information to make decisions
- Highly complex initiatives and acquisitions takings many years to plan and execute, often resulting in no tangible results delivered or mission failure
Free White Paper
Using data analytics to make better
IT investment and spend decisions.
Binary's roots are in Information Technology and Information Management. Binary has a 18-year proven track record managing large and complex IT/IM programs for many agencies, including the Army, DoD, VA, EPA, and other agencies, supporting CIOs and the development, budgeting, acquisition, integration, and deployment of Enterprise-wide information technology, information management, and communications requirements, programs, and solutions. Our capabilities include:
- Outcome Driven and Agile Enterprise Architecture
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR) - includes functional requirements, IT capital planning, gap analysis, risk management, workflow analysis, optimization analysis
- Enterprise Design, Integration, and Consolidation - includes information/knowledge engineering, integrated solutions management, market research and prototyping, measuring ROI, earned value, compliance with interoperability standards, product integration, reliability, requirements analysis, reverse engineering, software engineering, software life cycle management, systems integration, technology insertion, and test and evaluation
- Education / Training - includes user training, instructional design
- Program / Project Management - includes strategic enterprise IT policy and planning, change management, program assessments/studies, IT strategic planning/program assessment/studies, IT project cost & scheduling management, management/administrative support, deployment management
- Cybersecurity - Our Cybersecurity capabilities help CIOs and CISOs to address cyber risks with better data insight and analysis. CIOs and CISOs are continually faced with constant security threats and risk exposures due to lack of accurate and sufficient information. Binary provides data analytics and business intelligence solutions to quickly identify threats and analyze information to proactively manage risks.
- Information Assurance - includes disaster recovery, continuity of operations, contingency planning, security architecture design, security hardening, system certification and accreditation (DITSCAP), IT services, biometrics, configuration management, capacity management, computer systems administration/management/maintenance, design/specifications for information systems, data/media management, database applications development, design specifications for information dissemination, operational & system architecture/design/development (transforming from DODAF frameworks to Outcome Driven and agile), economic/business case analysis (cost/benefit, risk), IV&V, internet/intranet/web applications/network/computing, legacy systems modernization, performance management, simulation and modeling, software development, statistical analysis, systems development and software maintenance, systems programming, web and computer systems decision support tools, web and mobile enabled applications
Binary's IT/IM successes include:
Army Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), Product Manager, Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E): P2E Program Management Support
Team Binary delivers Enterprise-wide Information Technology capabilities to a globally connected Army, providing the full spectrum of network and information services so that Soldiers, Commands and supporting organizations can access, process and act upon information, anytime, anywhere, thus enabling the application of force across all phases of Joint Operations.
Binary supported the 20th Support Command’s Hot Zone detection and disarmament of nuclear, biological and weapons of mass destruction program, with SATCOM bandwidth requirements which involved complex communication systems requirements. Binary applied their ODEA™ methodology to rapidly define required outcomes across stakeholders and organizations and align with mission requirements. Results included a $12M first year reduction in SATCOM bandwidth fees and $48M in cost savings for the five year budget cycle, with no reduction in capabilities.
Binary supported the Army CIO/G-6 in developing their IT transformation plan to enable the Army as an enterprise to achieve greater efficiencies and increased effectiveness across mission areas and functional communities. Binary provided policy, governance, technical, analytical, strategic planning, formulation of IT strategies, research and analytical support, technology program management support, process improvement support, program administrative services, knowledge management support, and other IT/IM services.