"Interesting projects. Great colleagues. Rewarding work."
Binary is always accepting applications. Our most urgent positions are listed below, but if you don't see anything that sparks your interest, email us your resume anyway (HR@binarygroup.com). We may have a position for you that is not yet listed, or we'll push your resume along to one our partnering companies.
Application and Acquisitions Admin
Location: US - Reston, VA (Hiring Immediately)
The person in this role will lead help desk operations and provide first contact to customers.
MUST HAVE: TS/SCI Clearance and basic understanding of financial principles, business principles and contracts or acquisitions
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with software and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self help capability
Experience with an SAP, ERP, EDW, or CMS system strongly preferred!
Location: Reston, VA (Hiring Immediately)
Category: IT/Software Development
- Develop custom applications using SharePoint 2013.
- Interact with customers, stakeholders and requirements team to understand SharePoint requirements
- Design, create, test, and maintain software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy requirements
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, user friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features, algorithms, animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
- Design and configure user workflows that integrate with SharePoint Designer and SharePoint form libraries
- Design the hierarchy of user groups to be used with active directory Redesign
- Create and manage a backup plan for critical SharePoint data
- Manage multiple SharePoint development, QA and Staging servers
- Develop/Maintain IT internal control workflows and systems
- Support software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Develop and maintain software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
- Follow a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design.
IT Audit Specialist
Location: Reston, VA (Hiring Immediately)
- Provide support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to IT Audit.
- Ensure information systems compliance with the Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) and the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Develop responses to auditors’ Notification of Findings and Recommendations (NFR) to include corrective actions, risk mitigations, and necessary Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Conduct IT Audits (system and application level) including assessment of IT controls for systems and validation corrective actions for deficiencies.
- Must possess a Bachelor or Masters plus 6+ years of relevant IT Audit/Security experience
- Experience conducting IT Audits (via FISCAM methodology)
- Must have a working knowledge of Office of Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) (OUSDC) Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance and associated Federal Information System Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM).
- Individual must possess demonstrated understanding of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars A-123 and A-127, Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to document processes as needed
- Experience with CMS or FACTS is a plus
IT Specialist (Level 3)
Location: US - Reston, VA
- Provide support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
- Experience in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management).
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Relationship Management, and Enterprise Services Automation
- Experience with the Defense Travel System (DTS), FACTS, and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Associate’s degree and 8 years experience or; Bachelor’s degree and 6 years experience
CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly (DIA or Green Badge preferred)
EDW Business Support Analyst
Location: US - Reston, VA
The EDW Team Business Analyst will: 1) support efforts to identify new system requirements, 2) dashboard development, 3) support help desk operations, 4) participate in new/ongoing integration activities between other Client business systems, 5) support reconciliation activities, 6) support interface operations, 7) conduct training/communications efforts as needed
The person in this role will:
- Lead EDW help desk operations and provide functional and technical stabilization support (e.g.address end-user question, research/resolve system issues, log incidents/new requirements/change requests, manage ticket process – notify users when issues have been resolved, monitoring interfaces, etc.)
- Lead test planning and execution efforts as needed.
- Create dashboards (e.g. gather requirements, design dashboards, develop dashboards, test, user engagement).
- Create functional and technical design documents.
- Create white papers and briefings to advise Client leadership on key program decisions.
- Create status reports, manage project work plan, manage risks/issues, develop executive and senior management briefings.
- Conduct change management activities including writing/distributing strategic communications.
- Support training design, development and delivery efforts.
- Support reconciliation, and operations.
- Support project requirements definition/management efforts.
- Support integration enhancements efforts and process re-engineering efforts.
- Support reporting design and testing efforts activities as needed.
- Support reconciliation efforts and provide support for reporting activities.
- Coordinate system issues with a lifecycle support team and the testing, resolution, and implementation with stakeholders and functional SMEs.
- Support new integration and application enhancement efforts.
- Support Audit readiness activities.
- Requirements management, process/system design & re-engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS EXCEL, MS VISIO and MS POWERPOINT applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of government accounting and budgeting operations.
- Federal Government Finance/Accounting or Budgeting Experience.
- Test Planning & Execution Experience.
- Change Management Experience.
- Consulting Experience.
- Internal Controls Development/Assessment Experience
- Experience with:
- System Development
- Data Warehouses
- Business Intelligence
- SAP Business Objects
- SAP Dashboard (Xcelsius) tool
- Associate's Degree and 6 years experience or Bachelor's degree and 4 years experience
CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w/ CI PolyClick here to apply!
Location: US - Reston, VA
Tester is directly involved in redeveloping and executing test plans, procedures, and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration, and acceptance testing. Responsibilities include, consulting with the development and/or requirements team to coordinate and test applications, create automated test scripts, test existing applications for compliance with upgrades, and ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment. They will ensure that the software interfaces properly with both new and existing systems. Also, the Tester is responsible for detailed test plans, procedures, and scenarios and document the successes and failures of all executed test procedures and disseminate to the test team to ensure test team has clearly defined processes.
Requires a TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and minimum of five (5) years of software testing experience.
- Considerable knowledge of at least one automated performance test tool.
- Ability to create automated test scripts proficiently.
- Ability to interpret requirements and translate them into precise test cases.
- Experience with test procedure development, maintenance, and execution
- Familiarity with concepts of web-based software applications
- Familiarity with the concepts of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Knowledge of the SQL database query language to assess the state of the data before and after test transactions are performed.
- Ability to detect, report, and explain defects effectively.
- Ability to plan, set goals, and determine strategies for accomplishing results.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with customers and developers
Click here to apply!
Army Real Property Analyst
Multiple Locations Available: Germany, Alabama, Ft. Belvoir
- Provide administrative and technical support for the Department of Army, Department of Public Works (DPW) Directorates at various Army Installations.
- Generate Real Property ERP reports to identify, analyze or resolve discrepancies identified on the Installations Real Property Inventory (RPI).
- Generate Real Property ERP reports to identify, analyze or resolve discrepancies related to Pooled Space, Rental Objects and Rental Contracts.
- Review and validate physical documentation related to each asset listed on the RPI, ensuring the documents meets the requirements identified in the Army Real Property Audit Readiness Handbook and related Army regulations.
- Prepare various memorandums for record (MFR) and documentation needed to complete acquisition and disposal actions of real property assets.
- Validate, input and/or correct data utilizing GFEBS, ensuring all assets are audit compliant with the Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Act.
- Analyze internal business processes and develop recommendations to present to the Chief of Master Planning and DPW Director.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an Army DPW Master Planning Section performing Real Property related functions to include the transfer, acceptance and disposal of Army real property assets. Must demonstrate a clear understanding of DD Form 1354 and DD Form 337.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience processing Real Property GFEBS transactional data and demonstrate the ability to generate ERP reports related to asset management and space utilization.
- Possess GFEBS Certification in Real Property roles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Travel: Willing to travel up to 10 months per year, CONUS and OCONUS
Clearance: Active Secret or able to obtain one
Financial Management Specialist - GFEBS
Location: US - Arlington, VA
Binary Group, located in Arlington, VA, is in search of a Financial Management specialist who understands the Army’s financial processes and GFEBS system. The work site is Crystal City in the southeastern corner of Arlington County, Virginia. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the GFEBS, its Business Intelligence (BI) module, and understand financial processes and procedures to provide expert advice to customers on business and systems operations. Candidates must have the ability to create financial metrics requirements and lead interactive workshops, and be able to translate information to various technological platforms that better empower the user to be more effective.
ABOVE ALL, the candidate is a team player who strives to be part of something bigger and can work across organizational boundaries to get the job done for the customer.
The successful candidate will have specific, demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Army Financial Management (RM) experience and understanding of business processes
- Knowledge of multiple GFEBS solution process (and roles) areas, with the ability to identify and address system issues. Specifically, experience working in and executing the following GFEBS functional areas: GFEBS Spending Chain, GFEBS Funds Management, GFEBS Reimbursable, GFEBS Project Systems, GFEBS Business Intelligence.
- An understanding of DFAS reimbursements, disbursements (specifically 1081 cross disbursements where different services are involved) and DFAS systems such as DCAS (Cash Accountability), ADS (Automated Disbursing), DTS (Defense Travel).
- Possess advanced knowledge of GFEBS BI/ECC; understand how to pull reports, analyze cause and effect of data sets, and use the data to provide common operating pictures (COP) that enable mission stakeholders to maximize their investment dollars.
- Ability to identify training requirements and conduct on-the-job training as required.
- Ability to assist customers in the resolution of problems pertaining to various financial management missions to include achievement of Joint Review Program metrics, root cause analysis, and financial data input into overall performance metrics.
- Ability to provide professional financial analyses and corrective measures recommendations.
- Must have/be able to obtain a security clearance at the minimum level of “Secret”.
Other position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Well-developed written and oral skills
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level Government managers
- A focus on 100% customer satisfaction and reference ability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a business/accounting related field
- Learning agility; execution oriented; intellectually curious with a no-limits mindset
- A high level of self-motivation and energy, an optimistic, “can-do” attitude, and very strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
CLEARANCE: Must have/be able to obtain a security clearance at the minimum level of “Secret”.Click here to apply!
Software/Web Developer (Level 2)
Location: US - Reston, VA
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development life-cycle
- Applies, concepts, develops, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications. Troubleshoots software and web problems and provides solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies. Works with management and information technologists to determine specifications. Uses a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create software and web application elements such as user interface features, algorithms, animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
- Additionally, needs background in Crystal Reports, php, sharepoint and Microsoft excel scripting.
CLEARANCE TS/SCI w/ CI PolyClick here to apply!
Location: Travel Required
Perform implementation activities for the U.S. Army supporting networks and network infrastructure projects across the country. The candidate will be traveling to CONUS and OCONUS sites in Europe and Southwest Asia.
- Site Survey Support Activities – Includes participation in site surveys to produce a distinct work package (for implementation actions) which outlines the specific tasks required, provides all the necessary engineering and supporting documentation (floor space diagrams, rack/equipment diagrams, network diagrams, connectivity tables, etc.), and provides all of the installation-specific equipment and materials to enable successful execution by field technicians. Work packages include the required Bill of Materials (BOM) to support implementation activities.
- Site Preparation Activities - Includes the installation of equipment racks, the installation of power to racks, as necessary, and the installation of cable ladder racks and patch panels.
- Hardware/software installation and/or removal - Includes the physical installation of the equipment into a rack or cabinet, the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate required interconnectivity.
- Site wiring implementation, inspection/testing, and removal.
- Generation of completion reports to include as-installed documentation (Red Line drawings).
- Circuit end-to-end activation coordination and cutover management for transition actions – Includes the installation of new circuits, the relocation/rehoming of existing circuits, and the decommissioning of circuits that are no longer needed. All necessary network device configuration changes, the installation of any network cabling, and the installation of any distribution panel jumpers required to facilitate the successful activation of new circuits and the rehoming of existing circuits.
- Site implementation testing and checkout.
- Card installations and replacement.
- Hardware configuration upgrades - Includes the installation of any necessary component devices, the installation of all required power cabling, and the installation of all required network and interface cables to facilitate the required interconnectivity. Activation actions include all equipment configurations and testing required to facilitate the acceptance of the devices into the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) by Defense Information Systems Agency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Personnel must:
- This position requires extensive travel to military bases in Europe and Southwest Asia.
- Have experience in the installation, configuration, testing, and upgrade of network infrastructure components and data communications equipment/services, in addition to a thorough understanding of the necessary requirements to support network infrastructure equipment including space, power, HVAC, and network cabling and connectivity.
- Have a thorough understanding of network implementation commercial best practices and be able to apply the DISN Implementation Standards.
- Possess a working knowledge of and experience with various network devices (i.e. routers, switches, etc.) from multiple manufacturers, and possess the skill and expertise necessary to implement these network devices.
- Have experience in developing detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to facilitate network equipment implementation.
- 4+ years experience in network design and implementation (desired)
- 4+ years experience in rack and stack work, including the installation of patch panels
- All Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance
- Requires extensive travel, approximately 75%
- Candidates can be based out of any geographic area within an hour from a major airport.
- Written and oral communication skills
- Fiber experience (Including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, Splicing)
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Ability to use various test sets such as JDSU 5800.
- Experience with cryptographic devices (desired).
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues.
- Installing and Testing Conduit.
- Cable Management; pulling and terminating CAT5/ CAT6 cables.
- Installing AC & DC Power Management Systems.
- Experience with Ciena 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
Financial Management / GFEBS Business Analyst
Location: Aberdeen, MD (multiple positions) and Fort Hood, TX (one position)
Category: Financial management and analysis
- Providing guidance for coordinating current business rules and processes with the changes required by using GFEBS and supporting staff on required transactions related to multiple GFEBS/SAP functionalities
- Mentoring financial management staff and subordinate commands
- Organizing and setting up new initiatives and projects associated with deployment of a new functionality
- Development and execution of GFEBS training programs and job aids for financial management staff
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Must have minimum of 1 - 3+ years’ GFEBS Help Desk experience assisting and training end users in the use of GFEBS/SAP transactions related to multiple GFEBS/SAP functionalities and processes, including one or more areas in the following:
- Experience assisting and training on one or more of the following GFEBS' functional areas: Financial Accounting (FI), Spending Chain (SC), Fund Management (FM), Sales & Distribution (SD), Accounts Receivable (AR), Reimbursable Accounting (RA), Controlling (CO), Plant Property & Equipment (PP&E)
- Experience assisting and training on one or more of the following GFEBS' processes: Purchase Requests (PR), Purchase Orders (PO), Goods Receipts / Invoice Receipts (GR / IR), clearing documents, reimbursable processing, and funds management processing
- Experience assisting and training in the development of GFEBS BI reports for multiple SAP functionalities, including FI, FM, SD, CO, and HR
- Experience training and assisting users via over-the-shoulder, telephone, video, teleconference, and web conferencing, as well as experience producing job aides and interpreting GFEBS/SAP transactions, BI reporting, and GFEBS/SAP best business practices
Candidates must also possess
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
TRAVEL: There will be some travel required to CONUS Army installations/sites
CLEARANCE: Active Secret
Business Systems Accountant / Architect
Location: US - Aberdeen, MD
Category: Financial management, management consulting
We are seeking a BUSINESS SYSTEMS ARCHITECT to provide onsite support for the operation, administration and maintenance of certain systems in locations worldwide. The Business Systems Architect also will research and prepare written responses to financial systemic taskings, as well as draft briefings and information papers concerning financial system sustainment.
The position will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in studies and evaluations of Resource Management (RM) systems to determine operational acceptability and usability.
- Identify issues pertaining to GFEBS system interfaces, sustainment and future releases (i.e., AXOL or LMP:GFEBS; PADDS/LMP/GFEBS; ATAAPS/GFEBS and other interfaces as identified during post deployment activities and prepare briefings and formal analysis.
- Provide technical system support to all G8 divisions in the use of functional systems and automated tools and techniques. Develop and document processes that will provide an automated analytical tool that performs the following:
- Resolve IDOC errors related to purchase requisitions within LMP
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in LMP
- Build a database and create reports to identify, track and resolve Unliquidated Obligations in Army Working Capital Funds
- Establish a joint review analytical tool for Army Working Capital Funds
- Reconcile unfilled orders between labor hours and material amounts
- Identify and reconcile inventory transfers from general ledger accounts to
- Supply Maintenance Army general ledger accounts
- Identify and reconcile goods issues accounts for MILSTRIP returns
- Create a report to track sales, returns, acquisitions, repairs, and inventory balance of
- Resolve IDOC errors related to PADDS contracts, MILSTRIP requisitions, and ZFund
- Build a database and reports to track interfaces and issues related to PADDS contracts,
MILSTREIP requisition, ZFund transactions
- Reconciliation process between LMP/GFEBS
- Resolve IDOC errors related to purchase requisitions within GFEBS
- Build database and reports to track issues related to IDOCs in GFEBS
- Reconcile items related to Real Property in GFEBS
- Provide coordination/recommendations on all actions directed by Army HQ and Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) HQ related to standard systems development and implementation. Will participate in workshops and teleconferences as they pertain to GFEBS system interfaces, sustainment and future releases and prepare briefings/reports
- Prepare and review system change requests and other necessary Automated Data Processing (ADP) functional documentation to accomplish system design and implementation.
- Performance system maintenance, and provide technical guidance to involved activities relative to system implantation as it relates to GCSS-Army.
- Provide recommendations and participate in actions regarding data collection and cleansing activities related to the SOMARDS/GFEBS data migration and SOMARDS termination.
- Assist in evaluations of new financial system concepts and policies to determine the impact on the C4SR financial community.
- Provide recommendations for creating and modifying business processes within the G8 in accordance with financial regulations, systemic abilities and audit compliance. Responsible for drafting and or updating appropriate Standard Operating Procedures for GFEBS or other financial system manuals and business processes.
- Provide help desk support by assisting all C4ISR financial systems (ATAAPS, SOMARDS, LMP, GFEBS, DTS, and AXOL) users, and create and facilitate training sessions for all financial systems.
Participate in audit readiness tasks by gathering data from GFEBS, SOMARDS, LMP, ATAAPS and proper documentation as it pertains to the current audit.
A successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business field
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a GS-510 Systems Accountant/Architect t (GS-12 – 13/14 equivalent) or private section equivalent experience
- DAWIA Level II or III certification (or similar corporate certification)
- Hands-on working knowledge of GFEBS, LMP, SOMARDS, ATAAPS, DTS, AXOL, and PADDS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
TRAVEL: Frequent CONUS and OCONUS travel
CLEARANCE: Active Secret
Binary Group offers competitive base pay commensurate with experience level and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision plans subsidized by the company, 401(k) plan, life and disability insurance, and other benefits.
Binary Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or other protected status.