Health, Human Services and Environment
Binary has helped many civilian agencies with enterprise architecture, program management, application development, and other services, applying our Outcome Driven Enterprise Approach™ to accelerate value for customers.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Binary developed a mobile-enabled application to support Project REACH (Real-time Electronic Access for Caregivers and the Homeless), a
developers challenge to create innovative web applications that would
provide real- time information to connect homeless military veterans to service
providers. Project REACH was part of the VA's Program to help “End Veteran Homelessness by 2015”.
The challenge was lead by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) in cooperation with the Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HHS, and the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Binary's Enterprise Architecture team created, HomelessConnections, an innovative and adaptive application that includes:
- Delivery of the most current and comprehensive information quickly
- Natural language interfaces vs techno-geek programming to validate eligibility
- Access from any computer or mobile device
- Service locator via the Internet or text message
The benefits to VA included:
- Real-time information (24x7) delivered immediately to homeless veterans and social services workers for local service providers
- Self assess eligibility
- Rapid consolidation & coordination tool
- New geographic area services on-boarded within days
Binary was able to repurpose HomelessConnections within days and extend to relief workers in the hardest hit areas of New Jersey and New York to help Sandy victims find temporary relief services.
Environmental Protection Agency - CIO Office
Binary supported the EPA with R&D Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) support services. Binary reviewed emerging technologies and developed plan to take existing technologies to the Cloud and provided Enterprise Architecture strategic planning and acquisition support. Binary also worked on a Central Data Exchange (CDX) project.