Health and Human Services Customers
Binary has helped many civilian agencies with enterprise architecture, program management, application development, and other services, applying our Outcome Driven Enterprise Approach™ to accelerate value for customers.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Binary developed a mobile-enabled application to support Project REACH (Real-time Electronic Access for Caregivers and the Homeless), an innovative challenge to create solutions that would provide real- time information to connect homeless veterans to care and service providers in their community. Project REACH was part of the VA's Program to help “End Veteran Homelessness by 2015”.
The challenge was led by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) in cooperation with the Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HHS, and the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Binary's Enterprise Architecture team created, HomelessConnections, an innovative and adaptive application that includes:
- Delivery of the most current and comprehensive information quickly
- Natural language interfaces vs techno-geek programming to validate eligibility
- Access from any computer or mobile device
- Service geo-locator via the Internet or text message
The benefits to VA included:
- Real-time and consolidated information delivered in a standard format immediately to homeless veterans and those supporting them (case workers, social workers, non-profit organizations, service providers, etc.) wherever they are
- Self assess eligibility
- Rapid consolidation & curation to onboard a community within days for one Point-of-Service platform
- Community of providers can self-manage updates, additions quickly
Binary was able to repurpose HomelessConnections within days and extend to relief workers in the hardest hit areas of New Jersey and New York to help Sandy victims find temporary relief services.