Health and Human Services Customers
Binary has helped many civilian agencies with enterprise architecture, program management, application development, and other services, applying our Outcome Driven Enterprise Approach™ to accelerate value for customers.
Department of Veterans Affairs
HomelessConnections™: Binary developed a mobile-enabled application to support Project REACH (Real-time Electronic Access for Caregivers and the Homeless), an innovative challenge to create solutions that would provide real- time information to connect homeless veterans to care and service providers in their community. Project REACH was part of the VA's Program to help “End Veteran Homelessness by 2015”.
The challenge was led by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) in cooperation with the Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HHS, and the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Binary's Enterprise Architecture team created, HomelessConnections™, an innovative and scalable application that includes:
- Delivery of the most current and comprehensive information on service providers in a community - quickly and cost-effectively
- Natural language interfaces vs techno-geek programming to locate relevant services and validate eligibility
- Access from any computer or mobile device 24/7
- Service geo-locator via the Internet or text message
The benefits to VA included:
- Real-time and consolidated information delivered in a standard format immediately to homeless veterans and those supporting them (case workers, social workers, non-profit organizations, service providers, etc.) wherever they are
- Self assess eligibility
- Rapid consolidation & curation to onboard a community of service providers, non-profits, and healthcare facilities, as well as national benefit providers and education information within 2 weeks; self-service for providers to keep information current
Binary was able to repurpose HomelessConnections™ within days and extend to relief workers in the hardest hit areas of New Jersey and New York to help Hurricane Sandy victims find temporary relief services
Benefits Assistance and Support System (BASS):: Binary is currently teaming with Atlas Research to support the Department of Veterans Affairs. Binary has developed a screening tool for benefits and services, available to VA staff and Veterans. The project will help eligible homeless Veterans and Veterans at-risk to rapidly find and obtain mainstream benefits.
Binary is providing the web solution by extending their HomelessConnections™ platform, delivering an accessible, user-friendly, mobile-enabled web application with local and national entitlement program information, to help Veterans understand and apply for non-VA benefits. The app will allow rapid research about and exploration of any available benefit and the related eligibility rules and documentation requirements that match. The BASS platform was successfully piloted in three major cities in early 2014, and will be rolled out to 25 cities where homelessness is a major issue.