We help build a stronger nation by supporting
a wide range of Federal organizations.
Health and Human Service
Binary has helped many civilian agencies with agile delivery of applications and IT systems, enterprise architecture, program management, and consulting services, applying our Outcome Driven Enterprise Approach™ to accelerate time to value for customers.
Department of Veterans Affairs
HomelessConnections™: Binary developed a mobile-enabled application to support Project REACH (Real-time Electronic Access for Caregivers and the Homeless), an innovative challenge to create solutions that would provide real- time information to connect homeless veterans to care and service providers in their community. Project REACH was part of the VA's Program to help “End Veteran Homelessness by 2015”.
The challenge was led by the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) in cooperation with the Departments of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), HHS, and the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Binary's agile software development team created, HomelessConnections™, an innovative and scalable application that included:
- Delivery of the most current and comprehensive information on service providers in a community - quickly and cost-effectively
- Natural language interfaces vs techno-geek programming to locate relevant services and validate eligibility
- Access from any computer or mobile device 24/7
- Service geo-locator via the Internet or text message
The benefits to VA included:
- Real-time and consolidated information delivered in a standard format immediately to homeless veterans and those supporting them (case workers, social workers, non-profit organizations, service providers, etc.) wherever they are
- Self assess eligibility
- Rapid consolidation & curation to onboard a community of service providers, non-profits, and healthcare facilities, as well as national benefit providers and education information, with self-service accounts for providers to keep information up-to-date
Binary was able to repurpose HomelessConnections™ in just days and extend to relief workers in the hardest hit areas of New Jersey and New York to help Hurricane Sandy victims find temporary relief services.
Benefits Assistance and Support System (BASS):: Binary was the technology solution provider on the Atlas Research team to support the Department of Veterans Affairs on their project to help at-risk Veterans.
Binary extended its existing Web and mobile-enabled application, HomelessConnections™, to further the development of a user-centric, comprehensive online and curated database of service providers to help Veterans and their case managers quickly find mainstream benefits, as well as local and relevant healthcare, employment opportunities, and a variety of social services.
Binary's agile delivery team delivered the web application on time and budget, providing case workers and Veterans a tool for rapid research about and exploration of any available benefit and the related eligibility rules and documentation requirements that matched. The BASS platform was piloted in major cities in 2014.